CPB Contractors were awarded the gas gathering contract for Australia Pacific LNG (APLNG), located throughout the Surat Basin.
CPB had a number of staff working on the APLNG gas gathering project from Oct 2015, working off 3G connections in various project offices. The services were limited/poor at each project office, and prevented staff from being able to access project documents, send/receive emails or communicate with head office.
March IT was required to:
- Provide a reliable 20Mbps/20Mbps private data network to Spring Gully Project Office
- Provide a reliable 20Mbps/20Mbps private data network to Pony Plains Project Office
- Provide a reliable 20Mbps/20Mbps private data network to Condabri Central Project Office
- Services to be handed off in NextDC B1, Brisbane
March IT delivered a 60Mbps/60Mbps private data service to various CPB project offices throughout the Surat Basin. These services have been delivered by Fixed Wireless links from existing March IT telecommunications towers. An interconnect between March IT and CPB was established in Brisbane to deliver a private network to the project offices, eliminating the need for VPN services. By using existing March IT telecommunications infrastructure, we were able to provide a service within days from project staff mobilising.
March IT delivered a reliable, high speed private network to the CPB APLNG Project Offices. This improved the productivity from staff working on the APLNG project and improved productivity with access to company resources through the private network to head office.
With the delivery of telecommunications to each project office, March IT was about to provide:
- Reliable telecommunications to a site where minimal 3G service was available
- Happier and more productive staff
- A platform for the project to be delivered on time and on budget
- Reduced impacts of isolation
- Secure access to the CPB corporate network