Australian Country Choice’s Brindley Park is a Feedlot located 30km north of Roma, QLD and holds approximately 23,000 head of cattle.
Australian Country Choice’s feedlot, Brindley Park, was using a number of 3G data sims throughout their feedlot connecting to their local server in the office, and head office in Brisbane. This service would regularly drop out and slow down when kids got home from school. Data throughout the feedlot would be downloaded in the office and analysed in the evening, to allow for early morning feeding to begin without delay.
March IT was required to:
- Provide a reliable internet connection to Brindley Park
- Deliver 20Mbps/20Mbps remote internet to the Brindley Park Office
- Distribute the remote internet service around the feedlot via a Wide Area Wi-Fi network
- Connect staff houses to the remote internet and Wide Area Wi-Fi
- Connect workers camp and kitchen to the Wide Area Wi-Fi
March IT delivered a 20Mbps/20Mbps remote internet service into the Brindley Park Office. The service has been delivered by a Fixed Wireless link from an existing March IT telecommunications tower. It is then distributed around the property providing a Wide Area Wi-Fi network, connecting four staff houses, the workers camp and kitchen, the induction sheds, hospital, mill office and outdoor Wi-Fi coverage across the feedlot.
By delivering a reliable internet service into Brindley Park, ACC head office have been able to access the Brindley Park office at any time, without the frustration that 3G connections cause. By using VoWi-Fi, Brindley Park now has Telstra and Optus coverage over the feedlot, reducing the amongst of dead spots. Their workers have access to Wi-Fi in the camp and kitchen, in order to contact their family and friends. Real time data is able to be downloaded from each site and analysed during the day. Brindley Park has reliable telecommunications at their remote site.
- Connect people working in remote places to their families and friends
- Improve productivity by providing reliable telecommunications in remote places
- Reduce the impact of isolation for those working in remote places
- Deliver reliable communications to a site where limited/no 3G service was available