Senex Energy operates the Western Surat Gas Project near Roma, QLD.
The Senex project office was challenged by limited 3G/4G services, which was required to be used by all staff during construction and project delivery. During the construction phase, the services were limited due to the number of people on site soaking up the service.
Upon completion of construction of the project site, the 3G/4G services remained limited, resulting in slow speeds, impacting VPN connections and downloading project documents, and there was not enough data to run the office daily. The 3G/4G services was soaked up by staff in the office, causing additional safety risk for infield staff at gas sites.
Upon completion, Senex Energy required a 100Mbps private data network, to be connected back to their network in Brisbane, via Megaport, and a reliable network to support remote management of well sites through for SCADA connectivity.
March IT was required to deliver:
- 100Mbps reliable private data network
- Handoff the service to the Senex Energy network in Brisbane
- Solar System to power the equipment at the site, eliminating the risk of unreliable power supply caused by generator power
- Support remote management of all gas wells via SCADA
March IT designed and installed a 100Mbps private data link to the Senex Office near Roma, within six weeks from being awarded the contract. Through fixed wireless technologies, the service was carried 20km over the March IT Network. The service was connected to existing infrastructure at the Senex office, to keep costs controlled, and reduce installation time.
March IT designed and delivered a Solar Power System to power the onsite equipment, and prevent any additional load on the current power supply at site, eliminating the risk of power outages caused by generator power.
Using Megaport services, an interconnect was established between Senex Energy and March IT in Brisbane to deliver the private network to the project office, eliminating the need for VPN services.
March IT delivered a reliable, high-speed private network to the Senex Energy Project Site. This service has reduced safety risks across the whole project site, as it has reduced the strain on 3G/4G services. It has improved the productivity of staff working in the project office with access to company resources through the private network to head office. It has allowed Senex to install remote monitoring of the gas wells by installing a SCADA network across the entire project.
With the delivery of 100Mbps private data network to the Senex Roma Project Site, March IT was able to provide:
- Reliable telecommunications to a site where minimal 3G/4G service was available
- Increased productivity from staff on site
- A platform for the project to be delivered on time and on budget
- Secure access to the Senex Corporate Network
- The capability for gas wells to be monitored remotely
- Safer working environment, allowing onsite staff access to the available 3G/4G network for emergency calls.